For a couple of days I rather thought I would be making a dash back to Sydney because my mother developed pneumonia. However my brother was visiting daily and he and my husband both assured me that they would let me know if I needed to return. I also had daily bulletins on her progress, and she is recovering. Fortunately they were able to care for her in the nursing home without sending her to hospital, though I left instructions that if she deteriorated at all they were to send her off immediately.
I made Mum a couple of cards. The first one is a get well card, which I posted a few days ago. Sorry the colours are a bit washed out in the photo - I took it in fairly bright sunlight through the window.
The second one is just to tell Mum I am thinking of her. I will post that today so that it arrives before I get home next week. The stamps are part of a new set that arrived this week, and I love them. They give a a little bit more variety to my cards.
Mum loves cards that I make for her - she still has the cards I have made since Christmas pinned to the notice board in her room.
Roy Peter Clark, senior scholar at Poynter Institute HERE or HERE writes a
seriies of fifty tips aimed at improving your writing skills. I'm going
post som...
13 years ago







Hi Sandie, beautiful cards that will surely cheer your mum when she gets them. Hope she's feeling better soon.
ReplyDeleteBlessings, Vicki.
Thanks Vicki, I hope she is feeling better soon too, it's a worry - she's 87 and quite frail now. I hope the cards do cheer her up. Hugs, Sandie
ReplyDelete